Friday, April 9, 2010

No exuses, part 3 of brook of Kidron

As I have been studying  about the Brook of Kidron, I knew that this blog post about Excuses went along with what I was studying.

In todays world, we find ourselves making all sorts of excuses for not doing Gods will.
We make excuses, not to go to church, not to witness to others or anything that God wants us to do.


This brings to rememberance, when I was growing up..........about 13 years old, I sang in my young peoples group.
I remember how we sang this one song about Excuses.

One of the verses went as follows:
Excuses, Excuses, you hear them every day
The Devil he will supply them if church you'll stay away
and at the end of the song, it talks about this old lady who was talking about the preacher,
and she said " he didnt even shake my hand".

Are we like that?
Do we make excuses?
In the last days, when we appear before Jesus to give an account of what we have done, we will no longer be able to offer excuses.
If we have sin, we will not stand approved before God.

The valley of Kidron is where the Gentiles will be judged. Jesus will come down to the mount of olives, through the valley of Kidron to the old Jeruselum, but it will now be the new Jeruselum, and all the people will be judged.
Ezra 9:15 O Lord God of Isreal, thou art righteous; for we remain yet escaped, as it is this day: behold, we are before thee in our trespasses: ( sin) for we cannot stand before thee because of this..

How do you think a person will feel, knowing that they have not obeyed and made excuses all of the time and now they stand before the Lord to be judged... Then it is to late.
Jesus will say, depart from me you workers of iniquity, I know you not.

It is time to quit making excuses and start doing the right thing... The time is near.. dont wait to late.

No comments:

Post a Comment