Monday, November 9, 2009

the story of lazarus

In John Chapter 11, it speaks of Lazarus.
In verse 1-3,
Now a certain man was sick, named Lazurus, of Bethany, the town of Mary and her sister Martha. ( it was that Mary which anointed the Lord with ointment, and wiped his feet with her hair, whose brother Lazurus was sick)
Therefore his sisters sent unto him, saying Lord, Behold, HE WHOM THOU LOVEST IS SICK.


When Jesus heard that he said, This sickness is not unto death, but for the glory of God, that the son of God might be glorified thereby.

Now Jesus stayed where he was for 2 days before he actaully went to see Lazurus.
When he decided to go to Judea, his disciples were scared because they knew that the people of Judea wanted to stone Jesus. But Jesus was not worried.
He told his disciples that " our freind sleepeth; but I go, that I may awake him out of sleep. verse 11

His disciples did not understand because they thought he was just asleep, so in verse 14, Jesus had to tell them that Lazarus was dead.

When Martha( Lazarus' sister) found out Jesus was coming, she went out to meet him.
She told Jesus that if he had been there sooner that Lazarus would not have died, but she still believed that anything she asked God for that he would give it to her. So when she told Jesus this, He said " Thy brother shall rise again"

Then martha said I know that he will rise again on resurrection day in the last days. But Jesus said to her " I am the resurrection, and the life; he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live. and whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believeth thou this?
and Mary said Yes I do Jesus.

Then Martha went and told Mary that Jesus was there, so Mary went weeping, to where Jesus was ( at the Grave). She fell down at his feet and told him that if he had been there sooner that Lazarus would have not died. All of the Jews were there also, weeping for Lazarus. Jesus was troubled by all of this.

He then asked where have you laid him? Martha then said, Jesus, he has laid here for 4 days and he stinks by now. and then Jesus said to her " Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the Glory of God? Then they removed the stone from the grave where Lazarus laid, and Jesus Prayed to God..
He prayed, " Father, I thank thee that thou hast heard me, and I knew that thou hearest me always: but because of the people which stand by I said it, that they may believe that thou hast sent me.

Then Jesus cried with a loud voice: LAZARUS COME FORTH.
And Lazarus rose and came toward Jesus.. In verse 44 it sais:
And he that was dead came forth, bound hand and foot with graveclothes: and his face was covered with a napkin. then Jesus said unto them, LOOSE HIM AND LET HIM GO.
remember this verse, because this is the verse that right now I will be focusing on.
I will continue this blog post to the next one so go there now and read the REST OF THE STORY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment