Monday, November 9, 2009

lazarus continued

lUKE 11:44
And he that was dead came forth, bound hand and foot with graveclothes: and his face was bound about with a napkin. Jesus said unto them, LOOSE HIM AND LET HIM GO.

Now, While reading this chapter, I got several meanings from this.. I will post each message that I got in a continued series of blogs.

The first meaning from verse 44:
Lazarus was all bound up by the graveclothes. Now just think of him as looking like a mummy!

He is all bound up and trying to walk ahead, but all of the things that has him bound up is getting in the way.
He is trying but it is soo hard when all of the mess that surrounds him is causing him to slow down.
he is so bound up, that his eyes have been blinded by the mess.

He cannot see what is ahead! He is yearning to get to Jesus, but he is stumbling! he is trying to walk forward but he is falling! He remembers what Jesus told him. That if he has faith, and knows that God can raise him up, that he will get to Jesus and Jesus will loose him and set him free!!

He tries and he begins to take one step at a time, even if it is baby steps, He's going to make it!

He is going to trust in Jesus even though he cannot see him. I cannot see you Jesus but I know you are there just waiting for me to take those steps needed to get to you!!
When I get to you............you( Jesus) will loose me, from all of the ties that holds me back from being free to live my life in you(Jesus) as I need to..
I will be free! I will have Liberty to worship you and to share what you have done for me to others!

Has all of the things in life got you bound up and you cannot get free?
Do you trust in Jesus to loose you from the mess that you are in the midst of, in the middle of? or even wrapped up in? Just have faith in Jesus, even when it seems that we cannot even see him ahead, We must fight to step forward and not let the bounds hold us back!! make baby steps if you have to cause Jesus is waiting on us..
He will Free you and raise you up!!

When Jesus raises you from the dead, He will make a new person, free from the old... He puts the past behind us and we are able to walk with him and tell our story of how Jesus saved us and brought us out of death.

He raises up us anew and fills us with his life and resurection so that we may go and tell others what he has brought us out of, and the life that we lived.

No comments:

Post a Comment